“It’s Christmas in Holby.” Holby City star teases return
October 17, 2020
The eventual return of the BBC show has been teased by Holby City star David Ames.
The Dominic Copeland actor has dropped a cheeky hint that shooting has already begun on festive series, but the BBC has yet to announce when Holby will be back on screens after its autumn break.
“On Tuesday (September 15), he tweeted,” It’s Christmas in Holby. I’m tempted to cut my scrubs into a tiny two-piece.
His naughty remark gained some attention from former Holby City castmate Charlie Condou, who pointed out at Christmas time that he had debuted as Ben Sherwood.
You are MISSED, “David told his former castmate this past March after Ben’s on-screen departure.”
David’s dream “small two-piece” would be “made like a jaunty Xmas elf?” Ex-Coronation Street star Sally Lindsay wondered.
In answer, David quipped, “I’m a few baubles and a candy cane away from being arrested.”
Rosie Marcel previously posted a sneak peek at Holby’s set late last month, revealing the social gap between herself and Bob Barrett between shooting their scenes.
Last month, it was revealed that Holby would have to take another extended break because new material was running out, having only resumed shooting in late July.
The cast and crew returned to work for a unique episode of COVID-19 that will focus on Maxine McGerry struggling to “keep the hospital under charge and keep her workers safe as coronavirus takes hold.”
Kate Oates, Head of Continuing Drama at BBC Studios, said: “It is with great joy that we are opening the doors at Elstree to welcome back the outstanding Holby City cast and crew.”
“As we discuss how the lives of our protagonists have been changed irrevocably since the beginning of the pandemic, we have some gripping stories to share, and how our heroes struggle against the odds, come what may.”